Avalon II Pokie Review
Play Microgaming Slots Online for Fun at JackpotCity
Play Microgaming Slots Online for Fun at JackpotCity
|Min/Max Bet:||0.30 / 7.50|
|# of Reels:||5|
|Coin Range:||0.01 - 0.05|
|# of Paylines:||243|
|Wild-Reel or Symbol:|
Sort of like the Thunderstruck pokie series from Microgaming, the Avalon saga began with an above-average yet otherwise forgettable pokie experience in the mid-2000s. And also like Thunderstruck, Avalon has been followed up with a sequel that not only blows its predecessor out of the water, but most other slots as well.
There was little deliberation among our Avalon II review team about what kind of ratings it should get across all categories. The answer was easy: high ones.
Why Play This Pokie
Main feature has eight different mini-games which all pay real cash
Graphics and sound reminiscent of the latest video games and films
High return-to-player rate near 96%
Arthurian legend-inspired theme awakens your inner knight
Avalon II key features
If you don’t like a particular feature in Avalon II, then just wait a few minutes. The game is so stacked with different bonus mini-games, it feels more like eight different games (plus the base game itself) rolled into one.
Our favourite things among many favourite things during our Avalon II online pokies review are:
- Eight mini-games that are all exciting and lucrative
- Endless variety between the base games, pick ems, dice, roulette, and other mini-games
- Crystal clear graphics and sounds
- Save your adventure’s progress and pick up right where you left off later
- Lady of the Lake wild symbol turns entire third reel wild
Excellent Arthur-themed graphics and immersive, complex gameplay are combined with multiple mini-games & bonus features to keep you entertained for a hours.
Because of the bonus feature-focus of Avalon II, the game’s basic symbols don’t pay out that much (completely understandable). They are, in order of highest-paying to least, Arthur, Merlin, Guinevere, Morgan, the Black Knight, and then 9, 10, J, Q, K, A. The game’s wild is the Avalon II logo which pays out 100 for five of a kind; the scatter is the Holy Grail which triggers the Grail Bonus adventures (see below in our review of Avalon II), but also pays out 15,000 coins when it appears five times.
Jackpots & Bonus Games
Similar to Thunderstruck II, the bonuses in Avalon II are awarded in sequential order. Here, three or more Holy Grail scatters take you to the map of Camelot that lays out what bonus level adventure awaits before you. In order, they are:
- Lake of Legend: Dice game where you can win up to 15x your wager if you roll the correct numbers that correspond to different parts of the Excalibur sword you are trying to reconstruct (within the 10 given spins).
- Misty Veil: Receive 15 free spins and an extra wild symbol of your choosing for the duration of the free games.
- Whispering Woods: Pick em game where you choose one of five shields to reveal your prize.
- Forest Falls: Twenty free spins are yours along with wilds that freeze and expand downward when they appear in rows one or two.
- Dusky Moors: Match ‘em game (with knight helms) where you earn a bet multiplier with the first match you make. The more picks you make before revealing a match, the higher your multiplier.
- Morgan’s Keep: Twenty free spins with a 2x multiplier on rolling reels. When you hit a win, the winning symbols disappear are replaced instantly with new, random ones. If those result in a win, your multiplier goes up to 2x and so on, as high as 6x.
- Hall of Shadows: Fighting game where you face off against the Black Knight. Choose one of three block and attack options in this turned-based duel, and if you choose correctly enough times the Grail and (a big real cash prize) is yours.
- Isle of Avalon: If you make it this far, you are pretty much guaranteed to walk away with something substantial. Here you’ll spin four wheels with different numbers on them (kind of like roulette). The numbers will add up to reveal your multiplier.
There are countless ways to win countless different amounts of payouts, but it’s commonly accepted that a modest 2,430,000 coins is the game’s top achievable jackpot.
Jackpot & bonus games
Avalon II current jackpot
bonus at Spin Palace
Dedicated mobile apps for single pokies have become pretty passe, and Avalon 2 has abided by that trend. No app is necessary to play it on a variety of supported smartphones and tablets, but you may also be able to find he game within your favourite online casino’s mobile app.
Aside from how quickly we could begin playing it in our device’s browser, our Avalon II online pokies review notes for mobile also highlighted:
- All eight mini-games available on mobile just like on PC
- Ability to switch back and forth between PC and mobile with the same account
- Graphics are beautiful even on small screens
- Mini-game map makes it feel like you are playing a handheld RPG
- Quit now and return later to exactly where you were before in the bonus adventure
Why Avalon II Is Worth Playing
If you played the original Avalon, you’ll be spellbound by the sequel’s transformation (and by how much gold it can leave you with).
- More ways to win than you’ll be able to keep track of
- Fantastic return-to-player rate near 96%
- Eight unique mini-games within an RPG-style theme
- Cinema-style graphics and sound
- Widely available on most online casinos as well as smartphones (no apps needed)
- Epic-sized adventure that is still straightforward and easy to play