Dolphin Reef Pokie Review
Play Playtech Slots Online for Fun at JackpotCity
Play Playtech Slots Online for Fun at JackpotCity
|Min/Max Bet:||.01 / 40|
|# of Reels:||5|
|# of Paylines:||20|
|Wild-Reel or Symbol:||Both|
Dolphin Reef reminds us of some of the pokies you’d find in one of those off-the-strip and kind of generic casinos that don’t feature any of the big name machines. Now while that doesn’t sound good, it’s certainly not a bad thing. Dolphin Reef is a respectable slot in its own right and one that does have a few redeeming qualities that make it somewhat of a unique play.
Read on in our Dolphin Reef online pokies review to find out just why we are so divided on a pokie that features lovable dolphins and other warm sea creatures.
This Playtech pokie received above average-scores in all categories during our Dolphin Reef review, especially for its compatibility with mobile devices.
Why Play This Pokie
Expanding wilds possible on two of the game’s five reels
Free spin feature rewards you with five bonus games
Basic symbols can pay out as high as 5000 coins
No apps needed in order to enjoy on mobile
Dolphin Reef Key features
Dolphin Reef probably isn’t blowing many players out of the water, but it has a few nice features worth chattering like a dolphin about. The biggest highlights for those that did our Dolphin Reef online pokies review were:
- Expanding wilds on reel two and four during free spins
- Scatters that don’t need to be on an active payline in order to pay
- Top base game jackpot of 5000 coins
- Wide variety of lines and betting options
- Five scatters pays 100x your wager
Intuitive software that runs like a dream on any device works together with smooth visuals and great payouts to create a brilliant online pokie experience.
Dolphin Reef is a great slot for budget players, as the coin range is only .01 - 2.00. You can also decide how many of the game’s 20 paylines you want to play per spin, making the game's minimum and maximum bets .01 and 40.
The highest paying symbol in the game is the clownfish, which pays out an impressive 5000 real cash coins. He (or she) is followed by the tortoise (1000 for five of a kind), starfish (500), seahorse (500), A (250), K (250), Q (150), J (150), 10 (100), and 9 (100). A dolphin of course is the game’s wild symbol which appears on reels two and four. While it doesn’t pay out anything when it appears in multiple, it can substitute for all other symbols (minus the scatter) to help you complete paylines and win big amounts of real cash. It can also trigger the re-spin feature which we talk about below in our review of Dolphin Reef.
Jackpot & Bonus games
Like we alluded to above, a dolphin Wild on reels two and four at the same time triggers the game’s only bonus, the re-spin feature. During those five re-spins you have won, the dolphins expand into wild reels that will help you land some potentially big real money payouts.
There is also a scatter symbol in the game (a treasure chest), but rather unusually it doesn’t unlock any sort of bonus feature or mini-game when it appears in multiples. Instead, it multiplies any wins it is a part of by 100x, 10x, or 3x when it shows five, four, or three times on the reels, respectively.
Dolphin Reef current jackpot
bonus at Spin Palace
Sometimes the things we dislike about the PC version of a pokie end up being what we like best about the mobile edition. While our Dolphin Reef PC review persons found the laptop/desktop version to be a little thin on features and frankly, a little boring, the different team that did our review of Dolphin Reef for mobile loved that this app-free slot:
- Offers the same low-end wager ranges, making it perfect for casual players
- Has simple graphics and sounds that aren’t overwhelming on smartphones
- Boasts big scatter and wild wins which are perhaps even more fun to win on a small screen
- Has straightforward gameplay makes it a perfect game for your commute or when you’re in queue somewhere
- Requires no app downloads in order to begin playing for real money
Morbi vitae magna sit amet risus dapibus rhoncus. Integer at congue massa. Cras semper ipsum et ligula imperdiet pellentesque. Pellentesque dignissim bibendum eros, ut ultricies risus commodo in. Suspendisse id malesuada nulla, sit amet porta nunc. Etiam sapien erat, feugiat vel suscipit sed, interdum vel velit. Duis vestibulum fringilla molestie. Vivamus eu pretium neque.
Why Dolphin Reef Is Worth Playing
As long as you aren’t expecting a pokie with a bunch of fancy and flashy new Flipper-esque tricks, we think any Aussie player that likes basic and cheap slot spinning will enjoy Dolphin Reef from Playtech.
- Wild reels during free spins can lead to some big-boat payouts
- Low-end wagering options means you can make your money last a long time
- Animations and reels run smoothly on both PC and mobile (no app needed)
- Only one bonus feature keeps you focused on the fun of the base game
- Twenty paylines that you can bet on as many as you wish of
- Charming sea creature symbols and relaxing graphics